Are your cookies as flat as the Great Plains? Do your cakes fall to sea level? Are your breads as dry as the desert? Then High Altitude Baking is the book for you!
With over 200 recipes and proven tips developed by the high altitude baking experts at Colorado State University Cooperative Extension, High Altitude Baking is a must for cooks living between 3,500 and 10,000 feet.
The book includes recipes for:
- Mile high cakes, plus a high altitude cake recipe adjustment guide.
- Quick mixes for cookies, cakes, quick breads & more.
- Cookies, bar cookies, & biscotti.
- Coffee cakes and muffins.
- Scones, cornbreads, biscuits, pancakes, & more.
- Making yeast breads at high altitude.
- Tips for high altitude canning, jelly-making, freezing, and much more!
About the Author
Pat Kendall, Ph.D., R.D. is a professor and Extension Specialist in the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition and Associate Dean for Research for the College of Applied Human Sciences at Colorado State University in Fort Collins. Dr. Kendall received her B.S. in Home Economics Education and M.S. in Foods and Nutrition from Kansas State University. Her Ph.D. is in Nutrition Education from Colorado State University.
Book information furnished by BooksInPrint.com