Please enter search criteria
CSU Bookstore Textbook Buyback
Have unneeded textbooks? The CSU Bookstore will buy them back!
The CSU Bookstore wants to buy your textbooks so we can offer a wide selection of used textbooks to CSU students. In fact, the CSU Bookstore saved students over $500,000 by offering used books to students in the Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 semesters!
In-Person Sell Back Times: The CSU Bookstore will hold an in-person sell back events from December 11-15, 2023.
It's Easy to Sell Back Books!
Convenient On-Campus Sell Back Location
Stop by our convenient on-campus location to sell your books and return your textbook rentals.
- CSU Bookstore Inside the Lory Student Center: December 11-15, 2023 during Normal Store Hours.
- Buyback Windows located in the Lory Student Center lower-level hallway, adjacent to the CSU Bookstore
Walk Away with CASH!
Get CASH for your books we are using on campus next semester! If we're not buying your books, hold on to them! We may buy them at our next sellback event for future semesters!
Your Books Help Students Even If We are Not Buying Them!
CSU Bookstore will take any books that don't have a resell value. We will sell those to a recycling company, and all profits from this sale goes to Rams Against Hunger, which offers a menu of services that support students, faculty and staff experiencing food insecurity.Learn More About Rams Against Hunger
More Important Sell Back Details
- Watch for emails about what textbooks you rented – they can be returned with sellback books.
- SELL BACK QUOTES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Sellback values are subject to change based on changes in store inventory needs and national demand.
- For Damaged/Defective/no value books – Books we are not purchasing and that have no sellback value can be donated to help Rams Against Hunger. These books are shipped to a company that pays a minimal amount for each box of books ($15 per box). This money goes directly to Rams Against Hunger, which offers a menu of services to fight food insecurity among CSU students, staff, faculty, and the Fort Collins community.
Also Buying Calculators
CSU Bookstore is purchasing the following items for the following prices during sellback:
- Texas Instruments BAII Plus Calculators: $13 ea.
- Texas Instruments BAII Plus Professional Calculators: $18 ea.
- Texas Instruments TI-83+ Calculators : $35 ea.
- Texas Instruments TI-84+ Calculators : $45 ea.
- We are not purchasing the TI 84 Plus C or the TI-84 Silver Edition.
Buyback Frequently Asked Questions
Does the CSU Bookstore buy back textbooks?
Yes. We pay cash for textbooks during our buyback events during finals week of the spring and fall semesters. Because we are buying textbooks for sale in our store next semester, we often pay more for your textbooks during our buyback events at the end of the semester.
The CSU Bookstore buys textbooks during the school year for a course materials wholesaler. We deposit the funds in your student account.
What determines the amount the CSU Bookstore pays for course materials at buyback?
If an instructor uses the book on the CSU campus next term, we will pay up to 50% of the new price for your books. For example, if an instructor uses a $100 chemistry book on campus, we will pay you $50. You paid only $50 to use the book for the semester.
If instructors are not using a book on campus, we will still buy your book if there is a nationwide demand for the book at another college for a used textbook company. The nationwide used book market sets this price for that title.
Before I go to the bookstore, can you tell me how much the CSU Bookstore will pay for my books?
The best way to learn how much the CSU Bookstore will pay for your books is to use our buyback quote option at below. Quotes in our online system are delayed, so for the most up to date buyback information, please bring your book to the CSU Bookstore.
Does the CSU Bookstore buy back loose-leaf course materials?
Yes. If there is a demand for the book, we will purchase your loose-leaf course materials.
What happens to books the CSU Bookstore is unable to buy back?
Books we are not purchasing and that have no sellback value can be donated to help Rams Against Hunger. These books are shipped to a company that pays a minimal amount for each box of books ($15 per box). This money goes directly to Rams Against Hunger, which helps fight food insecurity among CSU students, staff, faculty, and the Fort Collins community.
Does the CSU Bookstore offer buyback options for remote learning students?
Remote students can send books to the CSU Bookstore for buyback, and the funds will be deposited into their student account. Students are responsible for shipping costs to send books to the CSU Bookstore. You can get a quote for your books below.
How do I find the ISBN on my book?
You need to know your ISBN number for your books. This number is typically located on the back of your book and starts with "978."
Some professors also provide the ISBN in some syllabi. We also list the ISBN for books on our Course Materials Listing for the Spring 2023 term. The ISBN number is listed on the book listing.