Please enter search criteria
CSU Bookstore Textbook Sell Back
Sell your textbooks back to the bookstore for cash!
Fall 2018 Sell Back Locations and Hours
December 7-14, 2018
CSU Bookstore (In the LSC)
- Friday, December 7: 7:45 am - 5:30 pm
- Saturday, December 8: 10 am - 5 pm
- Monday, December 10 - Friday, December 14: 7:45 am to 5:30 pm
Academic Village Commons
- Monday, December 10 - Thursday, December 13: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday, December 14: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Outside Clark Building (West Side)
- Monday, December 9 - Thursday, December 13: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday, December 14: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Monday, December 9 - Friday, December 14: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
What is Textbook Sell Back?
Textbook sell back is a Bookstore-sponsored event that takes place at the end of the semester in order to recycle titles that will be used in the future. Sell Back is a triple-win situation where current students get cash for selling their books back, the Bookstore gets in-demand used titles to put on their shelves, and future students are offered used copies at lower prices next semester. Buying and selling used books benefits everyone involved by cutting costs and reducing the environmental strain of additional textbook printing.
Factors that may determine which books are being bought back and how much cash you'll receive for them are:
- Whether or not the book is being used next semester
- The condition of the book
- Whether or not there is a new edition of the book
- Course enrollment numbers for next term
- Whether or not the book has all of its pieces (CDs, etc.) – Missing items may mean less money
- CSU Bookstore buys back loose leaf (3-hole punched) textbooks, if the book is being used for the next semester, and is in a 3 ring binder
- During our spring and fall sell back events, CSU Bookstore also purchases select calculators and iClickers.